Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Garbage

Excerpt from an AP story published today:

"My concern is there's going to be commitments attached to it that are a mile long," said Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who considered rejecting some of the money but decided Wednesday to accept it. "We need the freedom to pick and choose. And we need the freedom to say 'No thanks.'"

The money in question is from the recently-passed stimulus bill. I'd like to point out my favorite part ...

... who CONSIDERED rejecting some of the money but decided Wednesday to ACCEPT it.

Uh, OK. Guess what, everybody? I considered slapping Texas Gov. Rick Perry in the face but decided Wednesday not to. I considered shaving my balls with a broken mirror but decided Wednesday not to. I considered really standing up for what I believe but decided Wednesday not to because I'm a yellow-bellied coward.

Well played, Republican party. Once again, you prove how easy it is to motivate dumb rednecks with good, ol'-fashioned fear mongering. And just look at that most "American" of words he uses:
Freedom!!!

See? Republicans represent freedom! Freedom to live a life without all of that pesky government interference. Who wants a big ol' government, anyway? Not me!

I guess that's why Bush and cronies were cool with letting Afghanistan go to hell while fighting a misguided war in Iraq; we don't want Afghanistan to have some big liberal government pestering its citizens and building new roads and new schools.

Fuck school! I'll learn my kids at home ... yeah, I'll learn 'em real good and shit!

By the way, Gov. Perry isn't the only governor who considered rejecting some or all of the stimulus money they'd be entitled to. And would you care to venture a guess as to which states these governors represent? They are:

Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alaska, South Carolina and Idaho.

Yup. Hicksville, Racistville, Let's-Drown-Black-Peopleville, I'm-A-Moron-Hockey-Momville, Racistville Pt. 2, and Potatoville. Actually, Idaho ... you're cool.

I love potatoes. I love to spell potatoes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment