Tuesday, November 17, 2009

With a God like this, who needs enemies?

It was a week filled with revelations: the kind of revelations that leave you nauseous, unsteady, hopeless.

What in the fuck is up with you, God? Seriously. I just don't get it.

How could you?

How can you create this miracle and also allow the desecration of it? How can you bestow the enviable trait of innocence and steal it away in the same breath?

How can you allow such unmitigated evil to infect your children?

I'm simply at a loss. The fuckin' words don't exist in my head. I can't tow the company line on this one. "She's young and she'll get over it. People are resilient. Worse things have happened."

So ... fucking ... what.

Coping mechanisms aren't my strong suit. Besides, they only ultimately excuse the behavior in the first place.

It's been a constant struggle lately, God. The thing is, I know I believe in you. I know for a fact you exist.

I just think you're a giant asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment